Associate Director of Advertising
Authentic Campaigns is seeking an Associate Director to join our growing Advertising Department.
The Associate Director of Advertising will lead digital advertising campaigns for some of our biggest clients. The person hired for this position will be expected to help lead the team they are a part of in addition to managing staff and a large book of work. They will assist in developing and executing plans for the team outside of client work.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $100,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, matched 401K up to 5%, flexible vacation and sick leave, annual cost-of-living raises, and more.
- Act as the advertising lead for a significant number of large clients and work alongside client leads, managers, and other departments to develop advertising strategies that maximize our clients’ online fundraising and engagement
- Manage employees and contribute to leading the department. That includes ongoing support and development, conducting performance reviews, making recommendations about raises/promotions, discipline, etc.
- Assist with business development, including identifying opportunities to upsell existing clients, as well as participating in pitches and creating proposals for prospective new clients
- Lead on setting best practices for ad copy and developing innovative advertising strategies for clients
- Use Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads, and other platforms to run ads
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that helps improve our work product
- Collaborate with designers, developers, email strategists, and third-parties to meet your clients’ needs as necessary
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client
- Lead on client communications, building trust and rapport with our clients, and produce professional reports and memos
- Respond to topics in real-time by assisting in drafting ads in response to news stories that are breaking fast
- Brainstorm creative ideas for our clients, fact check and proofread content before it goes out from a client
- Be on top of digital trends and new tools, so we can make cutting edge recommendations to our clients based on best practices
- Perform other duties as needed
- Expert-level experience with advertising platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Google Ads
- Expert-level proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- People management experience
- Experience in communicating ad strategy and results to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing tasks
- Able to work extended hours when needed, including for rapid response moments
- Eager to learn, self-educate, and share knowledge with the team
- Committed to getting things right – pays exceptionally close attention to detail and doesn’t stop trying
- Desire to build a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement
- Familiarity with CRMs like NGP, ActionKit, and/or Action Network
- Experience using one of more DSPs and/or ad servers
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Contributing to business development work
- Experience not just managing staff but managing managers
For this position, the interview process is conducted on a rolling basis. Should we decide to move forward with your application, you can expect to participate in an initial voice call interview, which is then followed by a written exercise, a round two interview that is a video call, and possibly a third round video call interview, followed by reference checks. A determination on next steps with considering you for the position will be made following the conclusion of each phase.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.