Associate Web Developer
Must be located in the U.S. Telecommuting available, ideally located in Chicago, Philadelphia, or Washington, DC
Applicants should include a link to their online portfolio for consideration.
Authentic Campaigns is seeking an Associate Web Developer to join our growing Creative Department. This is an entry level position.
Other duties include helping setup DNS for our email clients, and the ideal candidate will have the desire to learn about SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $54,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises during regular evaluation processes every six months. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, matched 401K, flexible vacation and sick leave, and more.
- Build and maintain ActBlue, Action Network, and NGP8 wrappers using HTML and CSS that work within a clients’ brand
- Create clean yet impactful email templates that will work across all platforms and are catered to each clients’ brand
- Assist in customizing WordPress themes for client websites
- Assist with updates and improvements on previous projects
- Assist with implementing DNS email configuration requests
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors and responsive styling (LESS, SASS, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Independent learner with a strong desire to grow as a web developer
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles
- Ability to implement basic designs based on branding guides alone – ability to translate branding into effective and usable tools
- A proven ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Desire to work with political campaigns
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Experience developing HTML email templates
- Experience with WordPress custom theme development using ACF and PHP
- Experience using LocalFlywheel or other local environment tools
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Knowledge of DNS and email validation
- Political experience including volunteer role
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic Campaigns is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.