General Manager, Avalanche Acquisitions, LLC
Telecommuting available, ideally located in Chicago or Washington, DC
How to Apply
Please send your resume and personalized cover letter to [email protected]
Avalanche Acquisitions — a fast-growing email acquisition service provider for progressive campaigns and candidates with a focus on quality data and deliverability — is looking for a General Manager to join our team.
Your role is to develop and execute company strategy along with Avalanche’s stakeholders to meet our long-term objectives for the business, including becoming a leading acquisition vendor for Democratic campaigns in 2022.
You will run point on client communications, pulling data, producing emails for the company, and more. Ideal candidates will have a proven record of success in the progressive digital community in both a strategic and executive role.
This position pays between $70,000-90,000 annually based on experience.
- Create an organization that will grow to become a market leader in quality data acquisition
- Take guidance from the board of directors in crafting and executing the strategic vision to guide the direction of the business
- Manage the complete operation of the company: leading on a wide variety of tasks from sales generation to data delivery to clients
- Identify opportunities for growth with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Allocate budget resources, manage operational costs, and formulate policies to strengthen the infrastructure of the company
- Provide excellent customer service to Avalanche clients – delivering at a high level of excellence
- Perform other duties as needed
- Proven success in the digital space as a manager or leader
- Deep knowledge of the progressive digital landscape
- Adept with Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with email production, preferably in NGP8
- Curiosity to learn additional skills relevant to the position, including data best practices
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to contribute new ideas or show initiative
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Committed to getting things right – pays close attention to detail and doesn’t stop trying
- Desire to build a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Some experience with SQL, R, Python, or other scripting languages
- Some experience with digital advertising
- Email copywriting or content creation
- Sales experience
Avalanche is a start-up company and our benefits package is growing, but we’re committed to covering 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental for every employee. We also have flexible sick and vacation leave.
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Avalanche Acquisitions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Avalanche’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.