Must be located in the U.S. Telecommuting available, ideally located in Chicago, Philadelphia, or Washington, DC
Please include a link to an online portfolio in your resume for consideration.
Authentic Campaigns is seeking a Design Manager to join our growing Creative Department.
The Design Manager will be responsible for managing design team members and executing design work for a wide range of projects, including digital advertising, branding, and web products with a focus on UI design. They will be working directly with Authentic staff across departments as well as clients and will report to the VP of Creative. They will be proactive in solving problems and be able to effectively communicate their design decisions to stakeholders. They will also be responsible for managing scope and client expectations on design projects, ensuring we deliver high quality work on time.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $80,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises during regular evaluation processes every six months. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, matched 401K, flexible vacation and sick leave, and more.
- Work with the VP of Creative and cross-departmental client leads in producing final deliverables and mockups for client requests and internal requests
- Manage and foster the growth of design team members. They will provide guidance in the creative process, oversight, feedback on work, and more
- Lead on design projects and cultivate strong client relationships, collaborating internally and with clients to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across various media platforms
- Manage scope and client expectations on branding and website projects, identifying opportunities to upsell clients on additional design services
- Ensure the team is producing quality work and delivering on time
- Create and manage client brand assets in Adobe Libraries and design repository (style tiles, illustrations, templates)
- Stay up-to-date on design trends in the field and best practices
- 3-4 years of experience working as a designer with 1-2 years of experience working above a junior designer level
- Experience leading design on website projects – conducting and documenting discovery efforts, creating wireframes and visual designs, conducting quality assurance
- Strong portfolio showing exceptional work in website design, branding, color, and typography
- Experience working directly with clients and stakeholders
- Excellent skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to effectively articulate design decisions, be open to feedback, and give feedback
- A proven ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptionally creative and resourceful
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Knowledge of basic accessibility best practices for web products
- Familiarity with basic html and css
- Experience managing junior designers or design interns
- Experience with logo design and brand identity
- Experience collaborating with developers
- Experience creating animations or motion graphics
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental;
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one;
- Flexible vacation and sick leave;
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies;
- Monthly phone reimbursement;
- Wellness benefits;
- Commuter benefits;
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits;
- Free life insurance plans;
- And more!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic Campaigns is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is ACI’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.