Digital Strategist, Social Media
Fundraising and Mobilization
We’re looking to hire for the role of Digital Strategist, Social Media on our social team.
The Social Media Strategist will plan, develop, and implement innovative social media strategies and programs for clients, and assist the social media team to significantly grow client social media followings. We’re looking for self-starters who love to write and follow the news of the day.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $65,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn up to 6% raises during regular evaluation processes each year.
- Manage, maintain, improve, and optimize client social media accounts including content creation, scheduling, and reporting
- Develop and implement innovative, effective social media growth strategies
- Develop and implement social media content calendars for clients
- Post social content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other client social media platforms
- Manage all relevant client communications
- Draft content that contributes to maintaining a robust cadence of social media posting in response to breaking news and other major political moments
- Identify opportunities to create rapid response and other major social media moments
- Collaborate with Authentic’s creative team on compelling graphic design for social media posts for clients with a creative retainer
- Research issues relevant to our clients in order to identify salient topics and content for social media posts and graphics
- Remain plugged in to political news and overall trends in progressive politics
- Stay abreast of social media trends; identify opportunities to successfully use those trends to benefit client work
- Manage and interface with clients directly
- Pull, compile, analyze, and synthesize social media performance metrics into reports
- Deliver and explain social media reports to clients; derive strategic recommendations based on the contents of the social media reports you create
- Be willing to assist in upselling existing Authentic clients on social media services
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in content writing, social media management, or similar role
- Ability to manage clients
- Ability to manage client social media accounts without assistance
- Ability to adapt writing to conform to client voices and perspectives
- Ability to adapt to and make effective use of new, atypical, or emerging social media platforms
- A desire to play a strategic role in social media for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- A desire to play a strategic role in helping to grow Authentic’s social media vertical
- Knowledge of how to work cross-departmentally to meet client goals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and analyze data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Support for progressive values and commitment to building a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Up to $5,000 for gender affirming treatment or surgery
- Student loan assistance
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- This is a CWG bargaining unit position
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.