Director of Digital Persuasion
Authentic Campaigns is seeking a Director of Digital Persuasion to join our growing Advertising Department.
The Director of Digital Persuasion will work on building our Persuasion Advertising team. They will manage team members and build processes that will increase efficiency and improve results. They will work with a number of high profile clients to run best-in-class persuasion advertising programs.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $115,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises during regular evaluation processes every six months. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, matched 401K, flexible vacation and sick leave, and more.
- Run multiple client accounts and projects from concept to execution
- Design media plans to meet campaign goals. Independently present these recommendations to clients
- Lead campaign implementation in regard to buying, implementation, monitoring performance, optimization, and analysis
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to pitching and responding to requests for proposals.
- Monitor and optimize ad campaigns
- Report performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with our internal analytics specialists to gauge media performance and determine if original objectives were met
- Manage vendor relationships
- Manage audience targeting process, write compelling copy, and offer guidance and feedback on creative requirements for campaigns
- Recruit and lead a persuasion advertising team
- Directly manage staff, including weekly check-ins, goal-setting, and participating in reviews and providing formal feedback
- Develop new processes to streamline communication and implementation of media plans and buying
- Proactively keep abreast of industry trends and share knowledge within the team
- Provide training for the wider team in persuasion advertising best practices
- Other duties as needed
- Extensive experience in both digital media planning and buying for a wide range of campaigns or organizations, both large and small. This experience should include CTV, programmatic display and video, SEM, and paid social
- Detailed knowledge of ad platforms and the broader landscape of the industry – fluency with Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and at least one DSP
- Extensive experience in communicating ad strategy and results with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills – familiarity with Google Sheets a must
- Experience of implementing new processes
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work unconventional hours during peak times: sometimes we have to work longer days or on weekends, especially during campaign seasons
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required
- Experience in political campaigns, particularly media planning and buying for political campaigns and organizations
- Proven track record of successfully winning new clients
For this position, the interview process is conducted on a rolling basis. Should we decide to move forward with your application, you can expect to participate in an initial voice call interview, which is then followed by a written exercise, a round two interview that is a video call, and possibly a third round video call interview, followed by reference checks. A determination on next steps with considering you for the position will be made following the conclusion of each phase.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.