Authentic is looking for a Director of Sales to report to help us take our sales efforts to the next level and broaden our client composition to include more nonprofit organizations. This is an Operations role and will report to our Chief Growth Officer.
Location: Remote, working in Washington D.C./surrounding areas
Salary: $100,000 – $125,000 OTE
- Be a regular in-person presence/representative for Authentic at a number of events and networking opportunities (both in D.C. and across the country as necessary). These may include but are not limited to: Networking events (like happy hours, coffee meetings, etc…), speaking engagements, booth management at conferences, etc…
- Frequently lead client meetings/pitches for a variety of services and types of clients (these may be in-person or virtual and may occasionally require travel to NY)
- Work with our CGO to improve our sales pipeline and keep all prospective clients moving through it
- Create proposals, including RFP submissions, for a variety of potential clients
- Cultivate new business with decision makers via direct outreach and networking activities (emphasis on nonprofits)
- Develop strategies for proactive sales, helping Authentic reach into its target markets, and generate new leads
- Qualify all leads and develop a process for doing so
- Be accountable for maintaining and reporting sales forecast to the Executive Leadership Team
- Support internal efforts to drive additional sales to existing clients that support their goals and needs
- As the team grows in the future, lead and manage employees, consultants, team processes, etc…
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of professional experience selling into nonprofits, labor unions, and advocacy groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert at navigating social situations and willing to expand and build network within the nonprofit community, including attending events, sitting on industry focused boards/committees, etc…
- Fast learner who stays up to date on industry related news, trends, etc… and can speak to them with little preparation
- Experience with outbound sales
- Great attention to detail
- Confident and clear presenter
- Superior organizational skills with an ability to multitask and balance competing timelines
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Experience navigating and supporting the development of processes/pipelines
- Strong command of tools used to create proposals and presentations (such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite) and experience using them for that purpose
- Possess good judgment, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Some experience with digital fundraising/advertising/etc… offerings
- Desire to contribute to a safe and diverse workplace (and world)
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 3% employer contribution and additional 2% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- And more!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.