Director of Sales
Remote. Ideally located in Chicago or Washington, D.C.
Authentic is looking for a Director of Sales to take our business development and marketing to the next level. They will be responsible for managing our sales and pitch processes and ideally have expertise in contract negotiation, B2B marketing, and social media, and some experience working for political campaigns or progressive advocacy organizations.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $115,000 annually. Benefits include 100% employer-covered health care, matched 401K up to 5%, flexible vacation and sick leave, annual cost-of-living raises, and more.
- Lead business development alongside Authentic’s CEO, President, and department heads;
- Improve our sales pipeline to ensure proposals and pitches are effectively developed and delivered to prospective clients;
- Create and update proposals and other sales templates alongside our creative department;
- Maintain the company’s social media presence, including managing our content calendar and drafting content alongside relative agency stakeholders and department heads;
- Ensure the company is living its values by running a culturally competent and inclusive marketing program;
- Project manage our award submission strategy;
- Develop case studies alongside relevant staff;
- Identify target clients and develop strategy for proactive sales while also helping the agency break into new markets;
- Position Authentic as a thought leader in the industry and oversee our overall positioning strategy;
- Estimate incoming sales volume;
- Work with existing customers to better understand their goals and needs from Authentic in order to drive additional sales;
- Conduct strategic analysis of the market and competitors to guide our strategy and identify selling prices;
- Create programs to allow other staff to get more involved in the business development process;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years related professional experience;
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices;
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven experience driving the sales process from plan to close;
- Superior organizational skills with an ability to multi-task and balance competing timelines;
- Attention to detail;
- Possess good judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications like Word and Excel;
- Strong command of Google Suite applications;
- An interest in our company’s mission and goals
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Experience working with or for political campaigns or organizations;
- Previous experience working in digital marketing or selling similar products to our current offerings, including digital fundraising, persuasion and acquisition advertising, creative, social media, and more.
- Management or senior leadership experience.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.