Director of Web Development
Authentic Campaigns is seeking a Director of Web Development to help lead our growing Creative and Development Department.
The Director of Web Development will manage team members and contribute to team development and growth. They will have extensive relevant experience and a track record of success with managing projects and building websites from design to launch. The successful applicant will manage both client-facing work as well as internal projects by doing things like leading client-facing calls, managing projects, providing ideas and solutions with products and services we offer, helping to create and implement processes for their team and working with other departments. They are expected to run point on leading a book of projects, execute consistently excellent work, and manage and develop staffers at all levels. You will be offering full-service website products that meet our award-winning standards and assist in meeting and exceeding department-level goals. Ideal candidates will have significant website development and coding experience with a proven record of success with management, leadership, and strategy.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $115,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation policy, with opportunities to earn up to 6% raises during regular evaluation processes each year. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, 401K, flexible vacation and sick leave, and more.
- Act as web lead for some of our largest clients and work alongside other client leads, managers, and other departments to develop successful plans and website launches for clients
- Mentor and foster growth within a full team of employees and lead the development team, including managing profitability, business, and staffing development
- Setup timelines and tasks to successfully build and maintain beautiful, responsive, digital products from start to finish (websites, splash pages, emails)
- Develop a collaborative culture to improve our work product
- Work with clients and/or departmental client leads to develop products to maximize engagement and fundraising performance
- Update and improve our in-house built wordpress template
- Develop and maintain ActBlue, NGP8, and BSD wrappers that work within a clients’ brand
- Manage updates and improvements on previous projects
- Contribute to the team’s strategies and processes researching new tools, current web development trends, and best practices
- Maintain and update a list of services to offer our clients
- Perform other duties as needed
- Management experience
- Experience working directly in a client-facing role
- Experience with WordPress theme development
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Experience developing HTML email templates
- Knowledge of security best practices in modern web application environments
- A proven ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Support for progressive values and commitment to building a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute
- Strong knowledge updating and creating DNS records
- Desire to learn and self-teach.
The following experience would be beneficial, but not required:
- Knowledge of progressive CRMs and third-party progressive digital tools such as ActBlue, NGP8, and BSD (Blue State Digital);
- Experience using Pantheon.io;
- Familiarity with Litmus email testing;
- Experience working with political campaigns.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with up to 5% employer contributions, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Student loan assistance
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Abortion travel benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Up to $5,000/year for gender-affirming surgeries and related treatment
- And More!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.