Graphic Design Intern
Authentic is seeking a design intern for the Summer 2021 session in our Creative department. Authentic is an award-winning digital agency specializing in fundraising, advertising, creative and web strategy, online organizing, and more. We lead this industry with a focus on developing unique and creative digital programs for our clients.
This is a paid position; interns will be compensated at the rate of $20/hour for up to 15-20 hours a week. We will provide interns with a laptop for the duration of their internship. Interns will be also provided with a $25 stipend each pay period to use however they need to improve their remote work experience.
This program runs from June 1 to July 30, but can be flexible if candidates can or want to extend past that date.
Please provide 2-3 creative work samples in PDF form or submit an online portfolio with your application materials.
- Organize and manage design files in Shared Google Drive
- Design graphics and solicit internal feedback from the team and client leads
- Implement changes and edits to designs based off internal team and external client feedback
- Aid in the creation and design of branded internal documents
- Update and add to Adobe libraries
- Create assets for internal use for various clients and various platforms
- Formal education or self-led education of the fundamentals of design
- Experience volunteering or working for a democratic or progressive political candidate or advocacy group
- Experience working with GSuite tools including shared Google Drive
- 2-3 creative work samples shared in PDF form or via online portfolio
- Experience working in a client-facing or customer service role
- Commitment to 15-20 hours a week from June 1 – July 30 2021 during normal business hours of 9AM – 5:30PM EST
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to deliver work on time and of a high quality
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.