Senior Advertising Strategist
Note: There are currently no openings for this position, but we are accepting resumes for future positions.
We’re looking to hire for the role of Senior Advertising Strategist in our Advertising team. This position is not at the management level. Ideal applicants will have experience trafficking ads and helping set ad strategy on client accounts. We encourage applications from candidates with non-traditional backgrounds.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a proven contributor to digital fundraising programs in the political or non-profit space, but we will consider corporate experience as well. Senior Advertising Strategists are expected to not only execute, but take initiative, contribute to new ideas, and provide strategy for some of Authentic Campaign’s clients, including top-tier Senate campaigns, large progressive organizations, and more. You will be the advertising lead on a small book of clients and able to work independently.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $78,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises during regular evaluation processes every six months.
- Act as the advertising lead for a number of large clients at once and work alongside client leads, managers, and other departments to produce advertising strategies that maximize our clients’ online fundraising and engagement.
- Write ad copy and develop advertising strategies for clients
- Use Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads and other platforms to run ads
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that helps improve our work product;
- Work with designers, email strategists, and third-parties to meet your clients’ needs as necessary;
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client;
- Produce and maintain professional reports and memos to clients
- Respond to topics in real-time by assisting in drafting ads in response to news stories that are breaking fast;
- Brainstorm creative ideas for our clients, fact check and proofread content before it goes out from a client;
- Be on top of digital trends and new tools, so we can make cutting edge recommendations to our clients based on best practices;
- Perform other duties as needed
- Very comfortable in running ads using platforms like Facebook and Google Ads
- Experience in designing or executing advertising strategy
- Adept with Excel/Google Sheets
- Able to work extended hours when needed/for rapid response moments
- Eager to learn and self-educate
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to contribute new ideas or show initiative
- Can communicate clearly with clients
- Committed to getting things right – pays close attention to detail and doesn’t stop trying
- Desire to build a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement.
- Experience using progressive tools, such as ActBlue, Blue State Digital, Action Network, ActionKit, or NGP.
- Experience using one or more DSPs and/or ad servers
For this position, the interview process is conducted on a rolling basis. Should we decide to move forward with your application, you can expect to participate in an initial voice call interview, which is then followed by a written exercise, a round two interview that is a video call, and possibly a third round video call interview, followed by reference checks. A determination on next steps with considering you for the position will be made following the conclusion of each phase.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic Campaigns is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is ACI’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.