Senior Social Media Strategist
Department: Fundraising & Mobilization
Authentic Campaigns is seeking a Senior Social Media Strategist to take the lead in running social media programs for clients, planning and executing innovative social media strategies, and significantly growing client social media followings. We’re looking for self-starters who love to write and follow the news of the day.
This position is full-time and salaried at $78,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn up to 6% raises during regular evaluation processes each year.
- Managing, maintaining, improving, and optimizing client social media accounts including content creation, scheduling, and reporting
- Lead on relevant client communication
- Crafting and implementing innovative, effective social media growth strategies
- Crafting and implementing social media management processes
- Crafting and maintaining social media content calendars
- Posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other client social media platforms
- Maintaining a robust cadence of social media posting that is responsive to breaking news and other major moments
- Identifying opportunities to create rapid response and other major social media moments
- Maintaining a general cadence of posting client content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms as needed
- Collaborate with Authentic creative team on compelling graphic design for social media posts
- Researching issues relevant to our clients in order to identify salient topics and content for social media posts and graphics
- Remaining plugged in to political news and overall trends in progressive politics
- Staying abreast of social media trends; identifying opportunities to successfully use those trends to benefit client work
- Managing and interfacing with clients directly
- Pulling, compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing social media performance metrics into reports
- Delivering and explaining social media reports to clients; deriving strategic recommendations based on the contents of social media reports
- Training and mentoring junior members of the social media team on best practices
- Delivering pitches to prospective social media clients
- Assisting in upselling existing Authentic clients on social media services
- 3-5 years of experience in professional social media management (or similar)
- Ability to manage clients autonomously
- Ability to manage client social media accounts without assistance
- Ability to write for various social media platforms
- Writing is almost entirely free of errors
- Ability to adeptly adapt writing to conform to client voices and perspectives
- Ability to adapt to and make effective use of new, atypical, or emerging social media platforms
- A desire to play a leading strategic role in social media for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- A desire to play a leading strategic role in helping to grow Authentic’s social media vertical and team
- Strong attention to detail
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.