Social Media Director
Fundraising and Mobilization
We’re looking to hire for the role of Social Media Director. This position reports to the Vice President of Fundraising and Mobilization.
Candidates should have extensive relevant experience and a track record of success with leadership, management, and execution. The Social Media Director will lead our social media practice at Authentic and play a significant role in establishing and refining best practices across our client accounts and introducing processes that will increase efficiency, foster growth, and improve results. This role will manage a book of clients, and will manage and grow a team of social media strategists.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $115,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation policy, with opportunities to earn yearly raises of up to 6% during regular evaluation processes.
- Work with clients to identify the social media strategies will work best for their brand identity, voice and tone, and overall objectives
- Craft and implement innovative and effective strategies for social media growth and engagement
- Define processes and best practices for executing social media work across client accounts
- Bring unique social media ideas and trends to clients across the Democratic political space
- Manage, maintain, improve, and optimize client social media accounts including calendaring, content creation, scheduling, and reporting
- Contribute to discovery and pitch meetings with new and existing clients
- Communicate directly with clients and provide important strategic updates to clients
- Mentor junior team members and provide timely ongoing feedback regarding social media work to ensure we are delivering at a high quality
- Maintain awareness of social media team capacity, working with VP of Fundraising and Mobilization to evaluate capacity needs
- Collaborate with Authentic creative team on compelling graphic design for social media posts
- Collaborate with Authentic team members to ensure we incorporate a holistic approach to our client work across disciplines
- Stay abreast of social media trends; identify opportunities to successfully utilize those trends to benefit client work, and provide ongoing education to junior staff around emerging and new trends and potential application
- Deliver and contextualize social media reports to clients; derive and communicate strategic recommendations based on the contents of social media reports
- Participate in the hiring process for prospective social media hires
- And other duties as necessary
- 3-5 years of experience in professional social media management in an agency setting (or similar)
- Ability to manage a team of social media strategists
- Ability to a leading strategic role for social media for major political campaigns, nonprofits, and causes
- Ability to play a leading strategic role in helping to grow Authentic’s social media services and team
- Strong attention to detail
For this position, the interview process is conducted on a rolling basis. Should we decide to move forward with your application, you can expect to participate in a round one interview that is a voice call, which is then followed by a written exercise, a round two interview that is a video call, and possibly a third round video call interview, followed by reference checks. A determination on next steps with considering you for the position will be made following the conclusion of each phase.
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.