Social Media Intern
Fundraising and Mobilization
Authentic is seeking a social media intern for the Summer 2021 session in our Fundraising and Mobilization department. Authentic is an award-winning digital agency specializing in fundraising, advertising, creative and web strategy, online organizing, and more. We lead this industry with a focus on developing unique and creative digital programs for our clients.
This is a paid position; interns will be compensated at the rate of $20/hour for up to 15–20 hours a week. We will provide interns with a laptop for the duration of their internship. Interns will be also provided with a $25 stipend each pay period to use however they need to improve their remote work experience.
This program runs from January 17 to April 29.
- Draft social media copy for a variety of clients across a variety of platforms
- Research and report on latest trends, tools, and skills in the Democratic and progressive social media field
- Proof copy for client leads as needed
- Join and participate in client calls by performing administrative and operational support as needed
- Experience volunteering or working for Democratic or progressive candidates or advocacy groups
- Experience using social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Experience working with GSuite tools including shared Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Experience working in a client-facing or customer service role
- Commitment to 15-20 hours a week from January 17 to April 29 during normal business hours of 9AM – 5:30PM EST
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to deliver work on time and of a high quality
- Experience writing social for an account in school, club, or prior internship a plus
- Experience using analytics platforms like TweetDeck, CrowdTangle, Meltwater or similar tool a plus
- Remote work stipend
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.