We’re looking to hire for the role of Digital Strategist in our Fundraising and Mobilization department.
Candidates should have relevant experience and a track record of success. Digital Strategists are expected to not only execute, but take initiative, contribute to new ideas, and help develop strategy for some of Authentic Campaign’s clients, including top-tier Senate campaigns, large progressive organizations, and more.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $65,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn raises during regular evaluation processes every six months.
- Serve as email lead for 1-2 clients and provide support on other accounts as needed – developing content calendars and goals, writing compelling emails, navigating and managing client approvals, executing testing and production, and optimizing based on performance and client feedback
- Utilize CRMs to run email programs, including NGP, Action Network, ActBlue, etc.
- Incorporate thoughtful A/B testing into each of the programs you contribute to
- Project manage client work to effectively prioritize and manage client expectations across multiple programs
- Work collaboratively with other digital strategists, managers, and members of our advertising and creative departments to develop holistic digital strategies that maximize our clients’ online fundraising and engagement
- Participate in a collaborative culture to improve our work product
- Work with designers and developers, advertising leads, and third parties to meet your clients’ needs as necessary
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client
- Develop and deliver professional reports, projections, and memos to clients
- Respond to topics in real-time by developing rapid messages in response to news stories that are breaking fast
- Brainstorm creative ideas for our clients
- Fact check and proofread content before it goes out on client email or social media channels
- Be on top of digital trends and new tools, so we can make cutting edge recommendations to our clients based on best practices
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working in digital strategy and email fundraising
- Proficiency in email best practices including theories of change, creative writing, error-free copywriting, and email formatting
- Ability to manage clients
- Knowledge of how to work cross-departmentally to meet client goals
- Experience using progressive tools, including ActBlue, NGP, EveryAction, Action Network and more
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and HTML email coding
- Experience with A/B testing
- Ability to read and analyze data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Interest in fundraising for Democrats and progressive organizations and ability to become a subject matter expert on the clients you work with
- Support for progressive values and commitment to building a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.