Managing Strategist — Email
Note: There are currently no openings for this position, but we are accepting resumes for future positions.
Fundraising and Mobilization
We’re looking to hire for the Managing Strategist position to join our Fundraising and Mobilization department. This role reports to the Associate Email Director.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a proven leader and manager of digital fundraising and engagement programs in the political or non-profit space, but we will consider corporate experience. Additionally, candidates should be able to demonstrate they are ready to take on leadership responsibilities and manage staff and a larger book of work.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $90,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn up to 6% raises during regular evaluation processes each year.
- Act as client lead for some of our largest accounts and work alongside other client leads, managers, and other departments to develop digital strategies that maximize our clients’ online fundraising and engagement programs
- Lead a team of employees within the Fundraising and Mobilization department and contribute to managing department
- Write email copy, handle production, and develop email calendars and fundraising projections for clients
- Develop a collaborative culture to improve our work product
- Work with designers, ad strategists, and third-parties to meet your clients’ needs as necessary
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client
- Develop professional reports, projections, and memos to clients
- Respond to topics in real-time by developing rapid messages in response to news stories that are breaking fast
- Brainstorm creative ideas for our clients, fact check and proofread content before it goes out on client email or social media channels
- Be on top of digital trends and new tools, so we can make cutting edge recommendations to our clients based on best practices
- Perform other duties as needed
- Proven success within a similar position or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years working in digital strategy and fundraising
- Excellent communication skills, time management and attention to detail
- Experience using progressive tools and CRMs such as ActBlue, NGP, and more
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and HTML
- Knowledge of the issues and a passion for electing Democratic candidates and advancing the progressive movement
- Proven ability to read and analyze data
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Support for progressive values and commitment to building a safe and diverse workplace where people from all walks of life can contribute and advance the movement
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 5% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- Up to $5,000/year for gender-affirming surgeries and related treatment
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.